The Budris Law Group Articles Explaining U.S. Tourist Visas

Explaining U.S. Tourist Visas

By The Budris Law Group  Apr. 28, 2011 4:59p

The United States has a lot to offer travelers, and is a popular tourist destination among European, Asian and African countries. From the California coast to the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, to the warm sandy beaches of Miami, to the Niagara Falls of New York, to the Grand Canyon in Arizona, the U.S. has something for everyone. For most international travelers to gain entry into the United States, they must first obtain a visa. If you are looking to travel to the United States for pleasure, you should contact a Los Angeles immigration attorney for legal assistance.

Travelers who intend to visit the United States on a temporary basis must first obtain a nonimmigrant visa. People who wish to visit the United States for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment are required to obtain a (B-2) visa. Travelers on B-2 visas are generally allowed to stay inside the United States for a period of up to six months, with the possibility for another six month extension (contingent on the approval of the extension application by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, formerly known as the INS).

Los Angeles Visa Lawyer

If you are planning on traveling to the United States for reasons other than work, you will need to apply for a B-2 visa. It is always best to handle such arrangements sooner than later, so that your travel plans can go as smooth as possible. A Los Angeles visa attorney at the Budris Law Group can help. In addition to applying for a B-2 visa, we can also help you with a B-2 extension. On many occasions, the need or desire arises to extend a B-2 visa, whether it is for travel or more personal reasons. Failing to go through the proper protocol when needing to extend a visa can cause legal problems for you and even make it difficult to enter the country in the future. We are knowledgeable in all matters in respect to immigration and we are here to make the process as painless as possible for you.

Contact a Los Angeles visa lawyer from our firm for a free initial consultation.

Other Recent Articles

United States Work Visas

The Unites States welcomes people from foreign nations. Our doors are open to the arts, culture, and foreign technology that our neighbors bring to the U.S. When a citizen of a foreign country seeks ...
More Articles »
(310) 779-9484
1875 Century Park East Suite 600
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Office Hours:
Mon.-Fri. 9am-5pm

Main Website:
View Website
Contact our office by email or phone instantly by clicking the options below: